DIY: Dainty Chevron Ring

29 January 2013

I got the idea for this tutorial from one of my favorite bloggers: Geneva of A pair & a Spare
Of course I made use of my beat up old house pliers again :)
Cut a portion of your gold wire at a length that you'll be comfortable working with. The wire I've chosen is pretty thin, but you can opt for a thicker one-- it boils down to your preference on how dainty you'll like the ring to be.
Fold your wire in half
Make the pointed end of the chevron by squeezing the folded part together using your pliers
At this point, if your wire is too long you might want to trim it a bit so it will be easy to bind the two ends later on
Put the wire on your finger to get the right measurement
Cut the wire in a length long enough to bind the two ends together
Make sure that when you bind the two ends make sure that no end is pointing out so as to avoid accidentally pricking yourself and to avoid snagging your clothes.
et voila! 

I hope you like this tutorial!

8 comments

  1. I did like this tutorial! Very cute. I need more dainty jewelry in my life and this is so simple...

    Kate from Clear the Way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like the tutorial Kate! :D Yeah it's very easy to do! :D

      Delete
  2. Wow this is so great, Francesca! Keep in touch! Hope to see you in the bazaar.
    -Angel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks, Angel! :D See you at the bazaar! :D

      Delete
  3. This was a fun tutorial, and something I can actually accomplish! :)
    xo
    Tiffy
    http://www.CuteLA.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you like it! :) let me know how it goes for you! :) btw, I love your blog and I'm following it now via GFC! :D

      Delete

Copyright © primp & paper
Design by Fearne