Review: Smoked Peach

15 January 2013


I've been looking for a peach lipstick for a while now and I can't seem to find the shade I like that is not too close to pink and not frosted. I got to try the Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Smoked Peach and it was a perfect match to what I wanted in a coral lipstick. Plus it was on sale so I couldn't resist buying.


According to Revlon, Super Lustrous Lipsticks are "infused with mega-moisturizers to seal in color and softness"-- but that was not the case with my extra dry lips. I was careful not to apply too much lip balm though because that would cause the color to just slide off.


It's a nice warm peach shade of lipstick on me it looks a lot more like light orange-- which I think is very flattering especially for those with fair skin.


THE ROUND UP:

Pros
Very nice shade of coral if you are in the market for the orange-y type of lipstick
Affordable

Cons
Typical of matte lipsticks-- it can be too drying
Might be difficult to wear on certain skin tones

Would I buy this again?
I'm considering mixing this shade of lipstick with other non-drying ones. To date I haven't found any yet, and if don't ever find one I probably wouldn't consider buying this again.

8 comments

  1. You could try the lipstick with a lip liner underneath?

    Feyi
    uncovertheuntold.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Feyi! :) i'll consider that. can you recommend a good lip liner that will match the shade? :)

      Delete
  2. Thats a gorgeous colour! does it last long? xxx
    http://lesimplyclassy.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it does but you'll have to keep your lips moisturized :)

      Delete
  3. A lot of my friends are wearing Revlon lipsticks. I think this is a really nice shade!!

    Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yup! :D it's one of the nicest lipstick shades I've come across :) thanks for visiting my blog! :D

      Delete
  4. I hate when lipstick gets dry, I am also still on the hunt for a good one. I know lip crayons don't get dry so maybe try those.

    -Eden

    www.flashframephoto.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll try to look for a lip crayon that will match this lipstick :) thanks for the suggestion! :D

      Delete

Copyright © primp & paper
Design by Fearne