DIY Monogram Wallpaper

12 March 2013

I've been obsessing over monograms lately-- more so when I found out how easy they are to make. My phones, my laptop, my computer in the office and my iPad all have my monogram wallpaper. Now I'd like to share this simple tutorial of creating your own monogram and showcasing it on your desktop.
1. Pick a background for your monogram. Make sure that its width is at least 1900 and its height at least 1200. You can also opt for a plain colored background.
2. Using the shape tool in Photoshop, create a shape that will serve as a background for your monogram.
3. Fill in the shape with your desired color.
4. Next you will create three (3) text boxes wherein each will contain each of your initials. The font I used here is the Monogram KK font which you can download HERE
5. In order to create the monogram, increase the font size of the initial  you will put in the middle while retaining the size of the other two. Adjust the color of your initials and link those against the shape background. Make sure that the layer containing the shape is below the layers containing your initials. That way the initials go on top of the shape background. 
6. Save your work! I suggest saving your monogram wallpaper in .psd format first to create your template. That way you can easily tweak your template in Photoshop anytime you feel like changing or making a new one.
7. Then save it again in .jpg format so you can use it as a background.
voila.
Snapshot of my desktop wallpaper in the office
If you have any questions or clarifications regarding this tutorial feel free to leave one in the comments section!

16 comments

  1. Ohh this is a cool idea! The end product is really pretty :)

    - Celine
    http://indigobellefashion.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, Celine! :D glad you like the tutorial! ♥

      Delete
  2. Very pretty! Now I wanna make one too. :) I got four initials though (two first names) so I gotta work that out first.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Nathalie! :) I'm glad you like the tutorial! :) In your case (4 initials), you can have the initial of your first names together, the initial of your surname goes next and then the initial of your middle name. Like in my case, my initials are FMAP-- so my monogram will go like this: FMPA. :) you can have the initial of your surname bigger than the rest or you can have all the initials in a uniform size ;)

      Delete
    2. I followed your advice and made two versions. I like the one with my complete initials better though. Oh, and I linked back to this post, hope you don't mind. :)

      http://blackshirt13.wordpress.com/2013/04/01/monogram-wallpaper/

      Delete
    3. I followed your advice and made two versions. I like the one with my complete initials though. Oh, and I liked back to this post, hope you don't mind. :)

      http://blackshirt13.wordpress.com/2013/04/01/monogram-wallpaper/

      Delete
    4. Hi Nathalie! :D I checked out your post! AMAZING WORK! :D i love the second monogram with all your initials intertwined and the border you made is really pretty! :D

      thank you so much for mentioning my post on your blog! :D

      Delete
  3. Where did you find the chevron background? Or did you make it? Is that what people are calling "digital paper?"

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post- I'm obsessed with monograms too :)
    A few questions: Where did you get the chevron background? Did you create it or is that what people are calling "digital paper"? Thanks!

    http://www.southernstewart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lauren! :) it's just something i googled :)

      Delete
  5. Sofie Salvador Morabe14 January, 2015 12:31

    saan ako kukuha ng background? like yung zigzag?!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just googled "chevron wallpaper" Sofie! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ke'Aundria Harrington11 May, 2015 21:14

    How do I download the background and were do I do it at

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! I just googled "chevron wallpaper". you can get all sorts of chevron BGs in different colors and designs :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice and very helpful information i have got from your post. Even your whole blog is full of interesting information which is the great sign of a great blogger.Please click here personalized monogram decals

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © primp & paper
Design by Fearne