I've been obsessing over monograms lately-- more so when I found out how easy they are to make. My phones, my laptop, my computer in the office and my iPad all have my monogram wallpaper. Now I'd like to share this simple tutorial of creating your own monogram and showcasing it on your desktop.
1. Pick a background for your monogram. Make sure that its width is at least 1900 and its height at least 1200. You can also opt for a plain colored background.
2. Using the shape tool in Photoshop, create a shape that will serve as a background for your monogram.
3. Fill in the shape with your desired color.
4. Next you will create three (3) text boxes wherein each will contain each of your initials. The font I used here is the Monogram KK font which you can download HERE
5. In order to create the monogram, increase the font size of the initial you will put in the middle while retaining the size of the other two. Adjust the color of your initials and link those against the shape background. Make sure that the layer containing the shape is below the layers containing your initials. That way the initials go on top of the shape background.
6. Save your work! I suggest saving your monogram wallpaper in .psd format first to create your template. That way you can easily tweak your template in Photoshop anytime you feel like changing or making a new one.
7. Then save it again in .jpg format so you can use it as a background.
Snapshot of my desktop wallpaper in the office
If you have any questions or clarifications regarding this tutorial feel free to leave one in the comments section!