Walking on Eggshells

31 March 2013

I have small, almond-shaped eyes that are quite tricky to put eye makeup on and so I just stick to what I am quite good at applying-- liquid eyeliner and mascara. Lately though I thought about playing up my eyes a bit more at work (Tip: I was told that if you wear eye glasses you'll need to put a bit more eye makeup on to make sure your eyes pop.) 
I wanted to stick with a neutral palette that would be appropriate for work and can be easily matched with my cheek and lip colors-- and I found that in Wet n Wild's Color Icon Trio in Walking on Eggshells. 
The Walking on Eggshells Palette is something I would highly recommend to those who will be plunging into experimenting with eyeshadows. It's very easy to apply. As you can see it shows which color will go where and instructions are also printed on the back of the case.
As with many eyeshadow palettes, Wet n Wild's Color Icon Trio comes with brushes. The foam one is for the browline and for the eyelids, while the slanted brush one is for the crease. Some might find the brushes a tad bit tiny but it applies fine and it's perfect for those who don't want to lug around separate long brushes.
As you can see from these swatches, the palette is incredibly pigmented and quite frosty, too. So for those of you in the market for a more matte eyeshadow, steer clear of this.

       THE ROUND UP       

Pros:
+ very affordable! It retails for USD 2.99 (PhP 319)
+ highly pigmented
+ stays on long and does not crease (I recommend using a primer before applying)
+ perfect for everyday wear
+ easy to blend
+ will match every skin tone
+ very handy and comes with brushes that may not be the best out there, but certainly deliver
+ perfect for those who will are just about to build their makeup collection

Cons:
- Might be too frosty for some
- There's a bit of fallout sometimes
- Can be too powdery, so before applying with your brush, be sure to tap off excess

As you can see, I am a big fan of this product. Will I buy this again? Definitely. This is perfect for those who want easy to wear eye makeup. Finish the look off with liquid/gel liner and two coats of mascara, a bit of color on your cheeks and a matte lip.

5 comments

  1. Looks like a nice neutral palette! Thanks for sharing :D

    http://indigobellefashion.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. I love it too! it's now a staple in my makeup bag :)

      Delete
  3. great product and great price.i need a new one ,just ran out.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © primp & paper
Design by Fearne