Keeping me occupied

19 April 2013

Back in fifth grade I got obsessed with writing in the Old English style-- but as with many of my fleeting interests back then, my fascination with that fizzled out. A couple of weeks ago, I found myself hooked on a blog that featured the blogger's talent with calligraphy.

At that time there had been calligraphy workshops offered in Manila but I was unable to secure a slot! So I thought I'd study calligraphy on my own. So that has been keeping me quite busy.

Calligraphy materials in Manila are quite hard to find, but luckily for me Fozzy Castro-Dayrit, a calligraphy expert based in Manila, was very helpful in informing me of which materials to start with and where to buy those.

As you can see from the picture above, I am a long way away from getting the hang of this craft but hopefully with enough practice I will be. :)

For those of you who are interested in this you can check out iampeth.com for lessons :)

If you know of any other online resources, I'd appreciate it if you can send me the links ;)

Post a Comment

Copyright © primp & paper
Design by Fearne