Understated elegance

20 May 2013

I love wearing a bold red lip every once in a while because it helps make you look polished even with just powder on and well-groomed brows. Lately though I've found myself looking for a warmer shade of red lipstick-- a shade that gives off a regal and elegant feel reminiscent of Grace Kelly.

Revlon's Colorburst Lipstick in Crimson is THAT PERFECT LIPSTICK. Sadly, I think Revlon has pulled the plug on production of this lipstick in some countries which I think is too bad because it's a perfect red lipstick. It's still widely available in Manila... but I'm considering stocking up on it already.
The tip of the lipstick is at an angle that makes for an easier application. I love the quilted look of the exterior too.
Here's a swatch of my two red lipsticks: Revlon Crimson and MAC Russian Red. See how warm Crimson is? I love that the shade of red is not too striking. And it complements my skin tone pretty well.

   THE ROUND UP   

Pros:
+ complements any skin tone
+ perfect for those who want to look made up without piling on too much-- groomed brows, eyeliner, and mascara partnered with this is enough
+ very affordable (this retails for PhP575)
+ creamy texture-- can be used as blush (!!)
+ a few dabs on your lips will go a long way
+ stays on long

Cons:
- those in the lookout for a matte red lip should avoid this-- it has a beet of sheen.
- can be quite drying so make sure you moisturize before putting this on

Will I buy this again?
I certainly will. I love how elegant this red lipstick is. It's perfect for the office and for going out in the evenings. And as I've mentioned in the pros part, it can serve as a cream blush, too!

4 comments

  1. When you say you found the perfect red lipstick, you know deep down it's true. I hope they change their mind and not discontinue your perfect red.

    I haven't found mine yet. Maybelline Red Revival is the perfect red shade for me but I wish it was matte. The search continues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh but experimenting on products can be quite fun! I wish you lots of luck your search for the perfect red lip!

      Delete

Copyright © primp & paper
Design by Fearne