DIY Rope Vase

15 January 2014

I love the idea of waking up every morning to a room with fresh blooms-- unfortunately, that is pretty impossible in Manila (we're at 25C while I'm writing this post). Blooms would last a week at most. Luckily I chanced upon some bright straw flowers which could last for a few months even without water! I accidentally cut the stems too short and I did not have a vase short enough to accommodate the blooms so I sort of made my own vase with a glass which used to house my favorite scent of soy candle (Alice Blue's Wonderful Christmas) and some rope.
Materials
- an old vase or an old votive
- rope
- glue gun and glue sticks
Start at the rim of your vase-- make sure that the end of the rope is glued on tight.
Twist the rope around your vase and make sure to glue it on well and the rope is taut-- you don't want it loosening up after a while.
Cut excess rope and leave the vase for a bit to allow the glue to set in.
Easy, right? :)

I'd love to hear your thoughts on this DIY project so feel free to leave a comment below! :)

Post a Comment

Copyright © primp & paper
Design by Fearne