Beauty Basics

26 March 2014

I have this tendency to try out *most* beauty things that most girls rave about-- pointing out my best friend in particular who is a makeup expert. Though I'm quite impulsive with trying new stuff out, I have some favorites that are my default go-to products for daily use. Here are some of them.

Celeteque DermoScience Brightening Eye Tuck Plus Dark Circles Lightener - quite a long product name I know, but this product is a must-have especially at my age where I have to start taking eye care seriously. It claims to reduce puffiness and to lighten the under-eye area in four weeks-- well it certainly helps with the puffiness but it took more than four weeks to lighten up my under-eye area. Another thing I love about it is how it made my under-eye look smoother. 

UPDATE: A few nights ago a friend remarked that my undereye concealer was very nice, very natural. And I told her I didn't have any on, I just used this Celeteque Eye Cream. So, go figure. 

GNC Vitamin C Moisturizing Cream - I used to stay away from cream-type moisturizers because the slightest rise in temperature will make it melt off of my extremely oily face. But that's not the case with this moisturizer. My face loves this product-- it absorbs it quickly and I swear it brightened up my face. I love the citrus scent, too.

Etude House CC Cream -  Tried this out on a whim and I loved it. The CC Cream is white but it blends onto your skin. It has tiny, tiny glitters on it making your skin look brighter. What I don't like about this product though is that it's quite hard to blend. Putting a cream blush on this is quite hard, too. Oh and I don't use this when I need something covering up-- does not have coverage at all.

Art Deco Camouflage Cream - I've been using this product for years. It's the best concealer I've tried because it covers up real nice and the shade I have blends well with my skin. It hardens up in its container in cooler areas so it can get difficult to apply at times. But it's a worthy purchase, I promise.

Maybelline Baby Lips - I think I have emphasized enough in many blog posts that I have perpetually chapped lips. My search for the perfect lip balm ended when i bought my first tube of Maybelline Baby Lips (Cherry Velvet) in a drug store. This works better on me than Papaw Ointment.

Maybelline Mineral Powder Finishing Veil Translucent Loose Powder - I bought this product during a sale and I'm happy I did. This is a good product. I'm acidic and so all mineral powders I've tried would go several shades darker after a few hours on my skin. That does not happen with this mineral powder. It's incredibly fine but does not settle in my pores. And I get comments that my face looks brighter when I use this powder. Oh it provides great coverage, too.

NYX Auto Eyebrow Pencil - I love this product. I love that I don't have to sharpen it anymore. It's very easy to use-- a few feathery strokes are enough to fill in and shape my brows.

Etude House Color My Brows -This product offers a bit of color, but I use it mostly to keep my eyebrows in shape after I use the product above.

Etude House Oh My Lash - I've tried a gazillion mascaras already, but this one is the best for me. It coats my lashes well without pulling them down after I've curled them. Also, it does not get clumpy in the tube.

NYX Stick Blush - This blush leaves a natural flush on my cheeks. I love it especially on those days when I just want a hint of color on my cheeks. It's quite challenging to blend though.

Revlon Balm Stain (Romantic) - I don't shade my entire lips with this product. For a natural tint on the lips I line the inner parts of my lips then smudge it outward. Perfect for the 'just bitten look'.

Bobbi Brown Crystal Lip Gloss - This lip gloss leaves the nicest sheen on the lips-- and it also has tiny glitters on it. When I get too crazy with blush I tone down the look a bit by just using lip balm sealed with this on top.

Post a Comment

Copyright © primp & paper
Design by Fearne