Weekend Beach Getaway

25 March 2014


We were looking for a quick getaway for the weekend and the first place I thought of was Batangas. I've heard good things about Laiya in San Juan, Batangas so I thought we'd go there before I dealt with my final requirements for the second semester of graduate school. I thought I'd get some R&R before I set out to having myself stressed out with school stuff. After doing much research, we settled on staying at the La Luz Beach Resort. Here's a glimpse of our stay.


{incredibly clear and blue waters greeted us when we got there}


{The beach front is lined with cabanas and reclining chairs which we gladly took advantage of}


{Our Junior Premier Room}

Our room was quite roomy and incredibly clean. It is fully air-conditioned and there is no TV. In fact, there are no TVs in the resort. La Luz is a resort where you can tune out from the noise and chaos from the Metro and just relax. According to the La Luz Resort our room could accommodate four people-- but I think the room is just right for two. 


{bedside lamp / bamboo ladder for hanging wet clothes and towels}


{iPhone speaker made from bamboo, similar HERE}


{bathroom was equipped with hand soap, body wash and shampoo}


The beach is devoid of powdery sand--it's quite pebbly, which makes it harder *and sometimes more painful* to stroll in. So make sure you bring sturdy flip-flops!


{the entire stretch of La Luz was lined with cabanas with curtains-- perfect for those who want a bit of privacy while lounging}



{rock formations at the end of the La Luz Property}


{clear and cool waters of Laiya}


{I loved our overnight stay in Laiya so much that I've already reserved a return trip in May}

3 comments

  1. The clear water is so inviting sis! and you look lovely in your beach outfit! :)
    Cheers!

    Valerie
    www.valcaulin.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, La Luz is indeed lovely! Laiya does have really nice beaches. I remember we had our barkada reunion there some years ago, albeit at a different resort.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © primp & paper
Design by Fearne