Borrowed from the boys || Boyfriend Jeans

20 April 2014


The summer heat is making me opt for clothes that don't cling too tight to the body-- my distressed jeans are increasingly becoming distressed because of constant use already. I've toyed with the idea of getting a pair of boyfriend jeans because I love the slouchy, worn-in look-- I had my reservations though because I didn't know how to wear it without looking shorter and frumpy. Apparently the key to that is to wear it with heels and to add a feminine or structured piece.





---
Styling Tips

+ Ballet flats and heels are both acceptable-- the key is to fold the pants high enough to show your ankle; if you're opting for flats, fold it an inch or two higher to show a bit more of your legs to avoid making you look shorter.

+ Don't go for boyfriend jeans that are extremely baggy-- choose one that is a bit more loose than your usual skinny jeans; you do not want to show that you are devoid of curves.

+ Go for boyfriend jeans that look worn-in.

+ Balance is key. Since your bottoms will be a bit baggier-- incorporate feminine or structured elements with a top, a blazer, a red lip, or a statement necklace.

Images via 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7

Post a Comment

Copyright © primp & paper
Design by Fearne