Give Yourself a Manicure

13 April 2014


{Tools of the Trade}

I love going to the salon to have my nails done-- but sometimes when I'm in a hurry and I need to clean my nails/fix my polish ASAP I tend to just do it at home. Stuff you'll be needing for this are: a nipper, a nail cutter, a nail pusher, nail buffer (optional), and a nail file. Make sure your hands are soft before you give yourself a manicure-- you can soak it for a few minutes in warm water beforehand.


1. Cut your nails to the desired length. Most people have their nails cut straight, but my nails are naturally round so I cut it that way.

2. Use a nipper to remove hardened or rough skin around your nails.


3. Don't remove your cuticles, rather push them back a bit gently.

4. File your nails to smooth the edges.


5. Apply as few coats of nail polish as you can. The trick to applying polish is at the sides of the nail and then down the middle.

6. After two to three coats of polish, apply top coat. The best top coat I've tried is Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat-- 


{The Face Shop's GR 501}

Post a Comment

Copyright © primp & paper
Design by Fearne