A Trip down Memory Lane

02 May 2014


{My brother and I kept returning to this spot because there were so much old knickknacks to look at}

Last Saturday, my brother, our Mom, and I found ourselves in Escolta on one extremely hot Saturday morning. The night before my brother learned from the Facebook page of 98B COLLABoratory about the Saturday x Future Market in Escolta. I've always wanted to visit a vintage flea market but there aren't a lot of options here in Manila (that I know of..) so I told him we should go. Escolta used to be the bustling shopping district in Manila, now though most shoppers have gone and only the remnants of the buildings remain. The bazaar that was slated for April was housed at the ground floor of No. 413 First United Bldg in Escolta Street in Binondo-- it used to be the Berg's Department Store.




{Prints + Leather bound notebooks}


{old stamps + photographs}


{Trinkets}


{vinyl records}


What we took home with us:


{Cheeky bag for the grammar nazi}


{old film made into bookmarks}


{woven bracelet + chalkboard paint!! I thought I'd buy rather than experiment with paint and grout}


Rolls of film!! Okay I didn't get this from the bazaar, but since we had some time left we thought we'd venture further and we ended up in Hidalgo. Film camera aficionados will love the stretch of Hidalgo because there were so many vintage cameras on display. Films were cheaper too! The price of instax films however, we're similar to those of online sellers.

In case you missed this bazaar, don't fret! There's another one scheduled on the 24th of May, at the same venue. See you then!

Post a Comment

Copyright © primp & paper
Design by Fearne