All Day Breakfast

22 June 2014


{Breakfast and Pies' Chicken and Waffles}

Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. I love restaurants that have all day breakfast offerings so a place dedicated to breakfast is ensured a place in my heart. I am a firm believer that to start the day right, a good hearty breakfast is in order. I hate having my breakfast in haste-- I love finishing the first cup of coffee for the day in a leisurely pace. That is one morning routine I will not be able to shake off. I've read great reviews about Breakfast and Pies in Maginhawa but it was only yesterday that my boyfriend and I were able to pay this place a visit.

After looking at their beverage offerings (THE MALONGO COFFEE IS GOOD, I KID YOU NOT. Order it if you get to visit), the first things we noticed were the Chicken and Waffles and the Wagyu Beef Sirloin Tapa. Chicken and Waffles has corn, jalapeno pepper bits, apples, blueberries and served with chicken skin on top and maple sour cream. This is good-- who would have thought that jalapenos would be so good in a waffle?


{Kitayama Wagyu Beef Sirloin Tapa}

Their tapa is good, but too sweet for my liking. Luckily they served it with atchara on the side. The tapa comes with garlic kimchi rice and six minute egg. I wish the kimchi rice had been spicier though and the egg a bit runnier.


It's a shame I was not able to take more pictures of the interiors because it creates a really nice atmosphere in the place. My boyfriend and I got there at around 10:30 and there were already a lot of people. So if you want to have a chill breakfast, try to go there early. Serving is pretty big so you can split meals with another person. The place offers good comfort food, but with a price point that might turn off some. 

If you want to check out other restaurants to try in Maginhawa, do check out an infographic I've blogged about HERE.

Post a Comment

Copyright © primp & paper
Design by Fearne