May Buys

09 July 2014



Introducing a new series on the blog today! This time it will focus mainly on monthly beauty buys that I love. It wasn't until I hit my mid-20s when I took skincare seriously. Apart from consulting with my dermatologist, I like trying out skincare and beauty products that I've learned about from forums and other blogs. One such item is the exfoliator which I'll be featuring in this post. Other items are those that I consider basic: sunblock and a bright red lipstick.


I've experimented with a LOT of exfoliators in the past -- many of them too abrasive for my skin, so I think I'll be remaining loyal to the Cure Natural Aqua Gel. It's one of the most gentle and crazy effective exfoliators in the market. 90% of this product is activated with hydrogen water which effectively removes dead skin cells. A little goes a long way with this product and I'm pretty sure this will last me months even though I use it for the face and the body. See that third photo? I rubbed a bit of the gel and well dead skin came off right away. Disgusting I know.. If you'd like to try this product out, do head on to Beauty Bar Stores where a big bottle of this retails for P1500. Sales attendants are usually more than willing to show you how amazing this product is.


Another addition to my growing collection of red lipstick. I wanted a bright red lip which is almost neon and this is exactly what I got with the Revlon Super Lustrous Creme in Fire and Ice. It goes on smoothly and has a nice sheen to it. This leaves a creamy finish and is perfect for days when you want a bare face, with just groomed brows, mascara and a bit of blush on. 


I used to hate putting sunblock on because of its scent. Which is entirely not the case with Snoe's Here comes the Sunblock. It smells amazing and at one point I used this as replacement for cologne. Yes it smells that good. I got the Instant White variant because at that time I had uneven skin tone from trips to the beach. This product leaves a powdery white finish that gradually blends into your skin. It's lightweight which makes it perfect for daily use.

1 comment

  1. I'm curious about this Cure: Natural Aqua Gel... Hmm... Will you be bring a sample for me to try? :P haha! Feelingera XD

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © primp & paper
Design by Fearne