50s Inspired

12 August 2014


Given the chance I'd get to choose which fashion decade to live in, I would choose the 50s. I love how women looked during the decade and how certain elements from then could still be used now--not all at the same time of course unless 50s retro is your thing or you're dressing up for a themed party. Apart from the winged eyeliner and coats of mascara, here are some 50s elements that have transcended decades of numerous trends and styles and have remained classic staples. 


2. Mango Gingham Cotton Shirt, P725 (On sale!!)

3. Nini for Zalora Pearl Earrings, P790

4. Ezra by Zalora Circle Skirt with Mesh Insert, P899

5. Sunnies Studios Sadie Cateye Sunglasses, P399

6. Orly Haute Red, P350 in PCX Stores

7. MAC Russian Red, P1000

6 comments

  1. I want the skirt. So checking Zalora now. Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The skirt's nice, no? :) It was only recently that I got to explore Zalora and I spent hours on the site!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, discovered your blog through Girltalk. I like this look you've put together. It seems that even plus sized girls like me can pull it off too. Time to get a mid-length skirt this payday. :)

    xoxo,

    Kristeta
    http://kabadinganandbeyond.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kristeta! x Thanks for dropping by! Haha I'm considering getting myself some new things this weekend, too! I'm considering visiting the Yabang Pinoy bazaar at the World Trade Center in Pasay-- hopefully there will be a lot of good finds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I love your blog. How did you make that collage without the borders and all, like in magazines? It's so nice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Nathanielle! x


    There are a lot of tutorials on removing borders on your blog, but this is the one I found most helpful: http://helplogger.blogspot.com/2012/04/how-to-remove-blogger-pictureimage.html x

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © primp & paper
Design by Fearne