July Beauty Buys

05 September 2014


Since the weather has gotten significantly cooler, I wanted to have something that would keep my face moisturized without having to reach for my favorite pot of moisturizer every few hours. I'm switching my lip color to a darker shade of red, but I wanted a lipstick that is a muted red perfect for days when I just want a bit of color on my face. For my favorite beauty buys for July I'm featuring my favorite face mist to date and the most natural red lipstick.

Do check out also my past favorite beauty buys for May and June.



This product really delivers its promise to keep  your face (and your hair!) moisturized. If you want a dewy look, this is a must-have. I love that it really brightens up my face after I spray this on. In the past my dermatologist suggested I try Avene Thermal Water Spray-- and though it works great with keeping redness at bay, it was very pricey for such a small bottle.

Nu Skin's Moisture mist comes in a HUGE bottle and even though I've spritzed it on so many times a day I've barely finished 1/8 of the bottle. 


{Maybelline Color Sensational Matt 4}

Contrary to other matte lipsticks out there, Maybelline's Matt 4 goes on creamy and sheer. When I was a kid I wanted to get away with wearing red lipstick without people pointing out that I've been through my mom's makeup again-- I would've achieved that with this. One swipe of this on me is enough to complement my natural lip color. I put on two swipes for a more dramatic red lip. 

6 comments

  1. Great post! Love your picks!
    ~Mel

    http://girlandthepolkadot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing about Nu Skin. I didn't know this brand but it looks great. Happy Saturday!

    Jasmine x

    For a Real Woman - Instagram - Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you, Mel! x Glad you liked them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. you are most welcome, Jasmine! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. red lipstick will never be wrong.

    xoxo,
    Dee
    Slumber Talk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree! thanks for dropping by, Dee! x

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © primp & paper
Design by Fearne