5 Beauty Essentials

04 October 2014


Sofie of Sofielicious challenged Atty. Kat of kcreol and I to make a post on five of our beauty essentials. I was more than willing to take on the challenge but later on I realized how tough that can be since I use a lot of beauty products. For my beauty essentials I zeroed in on keeping my skin moisturized, my eyes which I like to always play up, my cheeks, and of course lip balm for my perpetually chapped lips.


I have crazy oily skin so for some time I steered clear of moisturizers. I tried A LOT of moisturizers and it was only the GNC Vitamin C Moisturizing Cream that did not slide off my face a few hours after application and really kept my skin moisturized. Though it's a cream-type moisturizer it's not just apt for cooler weather; normally a gel-type would be perfect for summer but since this seeps into your skin fast, it's fine to use it for whatever kind of weather. I'm partial to citrus scents so I love putting this on my face. 


I fully believe that it's imperative that brows have to be groomed (or filled in, in my case) at all times. It frames the face perfectly and can help make you look put together. I love the NYX Auto Eyebrow Pencil since it stays on long. How long? I used this in the beach (I know, I know...) and it stayed on my brows. 


I'm sure every girl out there who has used mascara is well aware how clumpy they can get. I bought this tube of Covergirl No Clump Mascara on a whim and I DO NOT REGRET IT. I've been using this for a month now and as you can see from the wand, no clumps yet! It gives you the clean lashes look. Also, I love how it can curl my lashes a bit when I put it on, as opposed to other mascaras that weigh down on my lashes making them droop.


I like to experiment with lip balms and I can get away with that every few months or so since I can finish a tube FAST. Right now I'm using the Lizard Lips Lip Balm with SPF 22 which I bought from Healthy Options. The name sounds funny but it smells really yummy. It's very effective, too! My lips can take on the texture of a crocodile but a swipe of this is enough to turn them back into the normal texture of a lady's lips. And of course a cheek stain is essential. I'm pretty pale so I need a hint of color. I love the Body Shop Lip & Cheek Stain variant with glitters so not only can it serve as blush, it can also highlight the apples of my cheeks.

I'd like to know, what are your give beauty essentials?

2 comments

  1. Love beauty posts!! Hope you have a wonderful day!

    http://girlandthepolkadot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © primp & paper
Design by Fearne