DIY Glitter Mousepad

11 October 2014


The convenience of using a laptop cannot be questioned, however sometimes I find that the touchpad can be a pain to work with. A mouse allows me to have control on the screen especially when I'm using Photoshop. Most of the mousepads I've seen in the market are way too stiff or way too childish for my liking, which is why I thought of creating a mousepad that is more reflective of me and will brighten up my work space. 



Things you'll need: Glue, Glitters in the color of your choice, paint brush, cork board cut in you preferred shape. Make sure you cover your work space with scratch papers so it'll be easier to clear the space of glitters afterwards.


Step 1: Using your paintbrush, coat the entire cork board with glue then sprinkle with glitters. If you're using gold, make sure to put a lot so it won't just blend in with the natural color of the cork. Set that aside for 30 minutes to an hour to allow the glue to dry.


Step 2: Once the glue on the corkboard has dried, mix glue and a bit of water in a container. Apply that on your corkboard. This will help seal in the glitter. Set that aside again to allow the glue to dry.


et voila. Easy right?

9 comments

  1. Thats so cute!

    http://girlandthepolkadot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tip, Francesca!

    www.angsavvy.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. that's such a cute diy! also, loving your rings x


    http://only4feet9.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. this is such a cute idea!

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ps. enter my new giveaway to win raybans worth £129! click here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you, Helen! I love your blog xx

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © primp & paper
Design by Fearne