DIY Muted Coral Lip

15 October 2014


Do you have that lipcolor that you've gotten tired of or maybe you got it as a gift and it's not so appealing on you? I never like chucking out makeup products (which is why cleaning my makeup drawer can be really tough!) especially lipstick so I got two lip colors that I don't use much anymore and blended those two to get a muted coral lip color that I've been looking for FOR AGES.


How?

For my muted lip color DIY I blended Revlon's Smoked Peach and NYX's Femme in a small dish and let that melt together over a flame. Constant stirring is necessary so the colors will blend evenly. 



Put your blended lip color in a small pot (I got mine from Beabi) and set it aside to cool. As it hardens the lipcolor will smoothen to the natural texture of lip color in a tube. I suggest using a lip brush for easier application.


11 comments

  1. Franken lipsticks. I'm thinking if I can make this a little bit more convenient to apply. naisip ko tunawin yung lipstick tapos I'll pour the contents sa emptied out lip balm container. Once it hardens, I wonder if it will twist up din.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I'll have to try it


    xx
    Candice
    www.ediescloset.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty color!

    http://girlandthepolkadot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Great idea. Looks identical and awesome on you!

    Denise
    www.fashionloveletters.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha i love franken lipsticks! It smoothens after it hardens, this was still a bit wet and I kind of scraped it with a q-tip which is why it's all twisted up-- pang texture lang haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you, Candice! You should definitely try it-- a bit messy but worth it x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love what you did here!! And such perfect colors!
    -Hannah
    sweeterthanserenity.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © primp & paper
Design by Fearne