MAC Lady Danger vs NYX Indie Flick

06 October 2014


When orange lipcolors were all over runways many months ago I was adamant to join the bandwagon. I thought an orange lip would look funny on me. That was until I got myself a tube of MAC Lady Danger. I was in the market for a bright red lip and I thought Lady Danger brightened up my face instantly. I was sold. A month ago I found myself in NYX--much to my boyfriend's dismay-- and picked up a tube of Indie Flick. I love that it was bright and matte, but I never thought it would be so similar to MAC Lady Danger! 


{MAC Lady Danger | NYX Indie Flick}




MAC Lady Danger is a matte, vivid bright coral-red. This is perfect if you love a red lip and slowly transitioning or entertaining the thought of sporting a brighter lip. I reach for this lipstick when I'm stressed, have a gazillion things on my mind and not enough time to prep because this really brightens up the face. I usually just pair this with groomed brows and mascara. 

What I love about matte red-based lip products from MAC is that they stay on long and stains the lips nicely.

This is available at MAC Stores for P1000.


{MAC Lady Danger on my lips}



NYX Indie Flick is a matte, bright coral-red. Compared to MAC's Lady Danger, this one is more noticeably orange and brighter. I can get away pairing MAC Lady Danger with most of the colors in my wardrobe, but with Indie Flick I tend to go with colors that would blend well with orange. If MAC Lady Danger is a bit too red for your liking, I suggest you go with NYX Indie Flick instead.

I've tried many tubes of NYX's Round Lipsticks but was disappointed with their staying power. This matte variant however, stays on long. And it leaves a nice stain, too. I make sure I've prepped my lips with lip balm before I put this on. And I reapply a dab of lip balm when I retouch.

NYX is now available in most SM Department Stores (Yay!) and they have a separate store at SM North Edsa; Their matte variants retails for P390.



I'd like to know, which bright coral-red lip piqued your interest? Lady Danger or NYX Indie Flick?

6 comments

  1. Love both colors on you!

    http://girlandthepolkadot.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these colours - they suit you so well!

    rachaelstylesme.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll probably try indie flick after I finish mac lady danger, I'm trying to minimize purchases from mac. I think this is a good alternative na din.

    ReplyDelete
  4. it is! a bit more drying than Lady Danger though so you really have to prep your lips prior to application x

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © primp & paper
Design by Fearne